Enter our Soils Photo Contest!
The United Nations has designated 2015 as the International Year of Soils. We recognize soil ethics as a critical component of Leopold’s Land Ethic idea, so our summer issue of The Leopold Outlook (our member magazine) will be dedicated to exploring how we use, abuse, protect, and appreciate our soils.
What is your relationship to the ground beneath your feet? What do you think about when you think of soil? Don’t tell us, show us! Enter your photos in our Summer 2015 Soils photo contest on our Flickr group by May 5, 2015.
Here’s how to enter!
1. Log on to Flickr – Login to your Flickr account using your Yahoo! ID at www.flickr.com. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for free.
2. Upload images – When logged into Flickr, upload your images to your account. Please upload the highest resolution version of the photo that you have.
3. Tag it! – Tag each photo you wish to enter into the contest with LeopoldSoils (you can add tags during the upload process or with the “tag” feature in the right column on each photo page).
4. Join the Aldo Leopold Foundation Contributed Photos group – While logged into Flickr, simply go to the link for our Group page, and click the white button that says “+ Join Group.”
5. Add your images to our Group – Go to the Group page and click “Add photo.” You can then select the photos you wish to enter from your photostream. You’re done!
You will retain full rights to your photos, but by entering the contest, you grant the Aldo Leopold Foundation (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly display the photographs you submit to the Aldo Leopold Foundation, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state, and country of residence to credit your photos in promotions and other publications.
Contest winner(s) will have photos published in the Summer 2015 issue of The Leopold Outlook magazine. Each winner will be given a complimentary one-year membership in the Aldo Leopold Foundation and will receive two copies of the magazine issue containing your photo. Additional copies may be available upon request.
Entries into the soils photo contest are due by May 5, 2015. Enter today and help us spread the word by clicking on the share buttons below!